Live updates on finances and payments in the United States: cost of living, inflation, mortgage, interest rates, SS benefits
Featured: June 18, 2022
– The average price of a gallon of gasoline in the United States plunges below $5 for the first time in a week.
– 30-year fixed rate mortgage interest rates reached 5.78%at their highest since the end of 2008. When will mortgage rates fall?
– Bitcoin price drops below $20,000 for the first time since 2020, registering a 32% drop in the last month – See the rise and fall of crypto
– The Fed outlines the reasons for 0.75 percentage point rise in interest rates – why did they increase the prices?
– Relief measure in the era of the pandemic free school meals comes to an end
– Fed Chairman Powell: We are focused on bring inflation back to our 2% target“
– Elon Musk faces 258 billion dollars lawsuits over alleged Dogecoin ‘pyramid scheme’
– Biden may remove some tariffs on china with the aim of reducing prices for consumers
– Real wages fell by 0.6% while inflation led to an average price increase of one percent on the market in May
– ‘Contraction‘ reduces the size of products for consumers
Useful links and information
– Gas prices in the United States: Which countries have the most expensive gasoline?
– When President Biden make a student loan decision forgiveness
– Do I have to pay taxes on Social Security benefits? How many?
Related AS USA News: